"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Desires of My Heart


 “So will your delight be in the Lord, and he will give you yourheart's desires.” Psalm  37:4 (BBE)

In his Life Principle Notes, Charles Stanley wrote, “If God said, ’You can ask Me for one desire,and I will give it to you,’ for what would you ask?” 

That is a difficult question for many people to answer.  It’s difficult for me as well.  Difficult in that I have a great deal oftrouble discerning whether my desires are worthy of His consideration. 

What do I want? I mean really, really want?  What are my heart’s desires?­
Are my motives pure? I think so.
Are my desires godly? I can honestly say they are.

So … why doesn’t He grant me my desires?

Think … think … think …

I believe that God wants us to have desires.  The trick is in turning our hearts towardHim so that our desires are in accord with His plan so that we desire good things. However, He will only give us our desires when our hearts are turned toward Him and we are seeking His friendship.  

Perhaps this is where I have gone wrong.

Have I sought Him in every aspect of my life? 
Have I tried to build a closer friendship and fellowship with my Lord, Jesus?
Am I sensitive to His voice? 
Do I delight myself in Him? 
Do I long to please Him or please myself? 

Lord, please help me stop worrying. I know you want me to have my desires in Your time, not mine … if You choose to give them tome at all.   Please help me let go of the things that are preventing me from experiencing Your full blessings in my life. Help me let go of selfish motives so that the desires of my heart are in tune with Your will.  



No comments:

Post a Comment