"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Welcome To Genuine Husband

When I came to you, my friends, to preach God's secret truth, I did not use big words and great learning.
1 Corinthians 2:1 (GNB) 

 In February 2011 I started Tenorboy Journal, a personal blog about ... well ... nothing in particular, and everything in general.  As time progressed, I found there were a large number of posts on TJ devoted to marriage and husband/wife topics.  Before long I could see the necessity to launch a new blog that would be devoted to Christian marriage, particularly husbands.

I am in the process of transferring many of the TJ marriage posts to this blog.  I ask for your patience, as it is a large task, and I want to be extra careful to include all the important stuff.  I will maintain the original posts at Tenorboy Journal until I'm absolutely positive without a shadow of doubt that the transfers are complete. 

In the following days, weeks, months, and years this blog will contain information for christian husbands (and maybe some tidbits for wives as well).

In my personal journey to be a godly husband who loves his wife as Christ loved the church, I have read, discussed and studied a plethora (I always wanted to use that word) of material, and have grown by leaps and bounds.

I don't want to sound like I've done everything right.  Hardly (my wife can attest to that).  But I have a sincere heart for the genuine intimacy that is spelled out in God's Word for married couples.

It is my prayer that these pages will bless other husbands as I detail my unadulterated  thoughts about the triumphs, struggles, joys, agonies, and thoughts - good, bad, ugly, bizarre and obnoxious - inside the mind and soul of one genuine husband.

May the Lord help me as I consider the words I write, and may my thoughts be a blessing to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment