"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Genuine Husband Answers Questions

Pin It

Many people write to me each week with questions about God, the Bible, marriage, sex (*SNORT* - hahaha .... he said "sex"), and I try to answer those questions to the best of my ability, weak as it sometimes is.  When I can I will answer a question via the blogosphere and let my readers in on some opinionated pearls of genuine wisdom.  Not all the questions have to do with marriage, or God, or the Bible, or even (*SNORT*) the "s" word.  Sometimes people just want to know a little bit about the Genuine Husband and what makes him tick.  Following are some of those questions.  I will answer them clearly, but without giving too many specifics.  After all, it's always good to leave something to the imagination, right? 

So, here goes!!

You sound like a model Christian husband.  Are you really that good?

I am a typical guy. I face the same thought life and the same temptations as every other guy.  I want what I want, just like other typical men.  I'm a pig and a pervert and not the least bit gentlemanly.  But with God on my side I am able to squash the pig and be a nice guy for my wife (though I don't always want to).

How old are you?

I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth. Seriously, I'm somewhere between 40 and death.  But don't tell my wife.  She still thinks I'm a young stallion. :)

How much money do you make from blogging?

As fabulous as that would be, I do not earn an  income from blogging.   I've looked into that possibility, but it's just too much work for too little return.  That is, of course, unless I suddenly become wildly famous.

What sort of church do you attend?

We attend a brand new community church that holds worship services in a very old building. We have a good mix of contemporary and traditional worship styles, and we love our fellow church members - they're a joyful bunch who really are serious about the whole "doing life together" idea.

Would you ever consider doing podcast or a vlog?

I have considered podcasting as well as vlogging as viable options.  It's all about getting the correct info out to as many people as possible, right?  I have to admit, however, that I'm a bit apprehensive about being the "star" of my own vlog.  I've had my taste of fame, and while it was on a very limited basis, I found it a tremendous bother to go to the store without being surrounded by people who wanted a moment of my time.  I rather like the obscurity that comes with being anonymous.
  
How long have you been married?

We've been married 17 wonderful years. Would I do it all over again? You bet I would!  I definitely married above me.  Would my bride do it all over again? Ummmm .......  ???

Do you enjoy writing a blog?

I do.  At first it was a bit puzzling until I got the hang of it and developed my "style."   I finally figured out that the best style happens naturally when you can relax and be yourself.

Do you have other blogs?

I have a personal blog called Tenorboy Journal.  That is the place where I unleash all the madness of the day-in-day-out stuff that happens to me (though I usually try to restrain myself).
 
What is your favorite thing to blog about?

I have a passion for being a husband and the journey I'm on to become a better husband to my bride.  I also love to research and write articles about how to develop intimacy in marriage.

Do you practice what you preach?

I try to put into practice all the things I blog about, but sadly, I don't always do as I say.  Like I said earlier, I am a typical guy with all the typical faults.  That means I fall down.  A lot.  I would love to say that I am perfect in every way and that I have laid open everything for my bride to see, but I am still very much a scared, timid creature who is afraid that the one I love will run away screaming if she ever discovers who I really am.  Silly, I know.  Nevertheless, I am who I am.  But God is good, and He is still working on me.

Does your wife read your blog?  What is her opinion of it?

ARE YOU CRAZY??!!!??  I would be in SOOO MUCH TROUBLE!!!! 
Actually she reads it, though not everything.  She has kids underfoot all day, so it's difficult for her to read some of the more "delicate" marital topics right out in the open.

What is her opinion?  Well, she "likes" some of my posts, so I guess that's a promising sign. :)

Does your wife have her own blog?

She doesn't have a blog as she is not into the whole spilling-my-guts-so-the-world-can-feel-my-pain aspect of blogging.  I may ask her to write a guest post for Genuine Husband in the near future, but it will be up to her to accept or decline.


Do you have questions you'd like to ask me?  If so, write to me.  I'd love to hear from you.


From the inside out,

TB

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment