"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Monday, May 14, 2012

Post - Mothers' Day Thoughts


Proverbs 31:2
Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.

Okay, so you got through the day, you pampered your wife, gave her the day off, maybe bought her some flowers or made dinner, put the kids in bed and planned a bit of "alone time" with your wife.  Even if you didn't do all of the above (Mothers' Day in our house mostly consisted of a five-year old's birthday celebration), you at least got through it.  Right?


Did she feel special? Really special?


The answer probably depends on what she was expecting of the day, and you and the kids, and how you met (or didn't meet) those expectations.  Did you take her out for dinner?  What about flowers?  Candy?  Perhaps a massage?  Did you take care of everything?

(E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G?????)

Sadly, I did not take care of everything for the mother of my children.  Alright, maybe I made sure the flowers were in place and everyone ate well, but as far as making my bride feel special, I missed the mark.  Somehow she didn't get the "it's-your-special-day" feeling I was going for.

Maybe it was the birthday presents and cake.
Maybe it was the half-moved-into condition of the house.
Maybe it was the giant mess left by our children and their friends.

No excuses. It was my responsibility to make sure everything was taken care of, and I failed.

What can I do now that Mothers' Day is over?  How can I bless her now that her day is another page in the not-so-splendid history book?

I have to work harder to make sure things are the way she likes them around here. I need to mobilize the troops and hold them responsible for some things.  I have to get the family "machine" working more smoothly so life will be better for my bride.

Until then ...



From the inside out,

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment