"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Boldly Go ...


Pin It

In Paul's letter to the Ephesians he asks them to pray for him, specifically so that he might proclaim the Word of God boldly.

and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
(Ephesians 6:19-20)


I ask that of you today as well.  Blogging about marriage is sometimes a battlefield.  Many people whom I regard as friends find themselves in vehement disagreement with me regarding God's design for marriage. 


I admit it is a radical concept that God would have designed two people to fit together as one.  It is also radical to believe that the woman was made for the man, and not the other way around.  Further, it is VERY radical to believe that a husband is commanded to love his wife, even if his wife is a shrew.  And wives, let's not forget the piece about submission. Now THERE'S a radical idea.  Imagine ... wives submitting to their husbands in everything... EVERYTHING???  Even if he isn't nice to her?  


Yes.  It's radical.  It's what I believe.  Why?  Because God made it that way. He said so in His Word.  Why would I not believe Him?  He is God, isn't He?


Therefore, I have spoken out on what I believe to be the tenets of marriage as God designed it, and how He wants us to live it.  Whether we do what He says is up to us.  No one can make a husband love his wife.  However, if he doesn't he will live with consequences.  Likewise, no one can make a wife submit to her husband's authority.  It's a choice she has to make.  As with the husband, if she chooses to not submit, she will live with consequences.


I, personally, want to have a marriage that models God's original design. And I am led by the Holy Spirit to spread the word.  That said, I must do so boldly, which is problematic, as I am not always a bold person when it comes to Godly things.  


Marriage is a controversial area, so, naturally, people will disagree. Loudly. They will call me a chauvinist. They'll say I'm a dictator (and some other things I will not share).   


What Ever.  Let them say what they want.  

Whatever the outcome, this appears to be my task, at least for now.  And that being so, I must do it for the glory of God.


So, like Paul, I'm asking you to pray for me, that I will boldly go where few have dared to go, and to speak the truth, whether people like it or not (mostly not, I'll bet).




From the inside out,


TB
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment