"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Monday, July 2, 2012

Bless Your Spouse

Have I stopped pursuing my wife?  One of the most dangerous things I can do as a husband is to stop pursuing my bride.  When we were dating, I made it a priority to pursue her and win her over.

Have I stopped doing that?  Have I gotten complacent in my marriage?  Comfortable?  Have I stopped pushing for improvement?  I certainly hope not.

What would my wife say?  Is she happy with my current behavior?  Am I doing enough to make her feel good and secure in our marriage?  Is there more I could be doing for her?  Have I selfishly put things off that she wants me to do?  How have I blessed her today?  Yesterday?  Last week? 

I'm not saying that my whole life should be devoted to merely doing what I'm told (I don't believe that's how Christ loved the church).  What I'm saying is that I need to make sure my wife knows the intense desire I have for her.  To make sure she knows, I need to keep pursuing her, keep doing things for her, keep making her happy. 


May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. (Proverbs 5:18)
The fountain in this verse refers to my wife.  How can I be sure my wife is blessed?  How can I rejoice in her?
  • Make sure her needs are met.
  • Give her some time off. Encourage her to relax.
  • Spend time with her, talking and cuddling.
  • Date her.  Really do it right.
  • Ask for her input on important decisions.
If I do these things (and a whole lot more - this is only a tiny list) she will be blessed.

Do you still pursue your wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment