The Christian Marriage Bloggers Association has challenged bloggers to publish a new post every day for thirteen days. This is day 12 of the challenge. If you missed the previous posts in this series, follow the links at the end of this post.
Continuing my theme of the Boy Scout Law applied to Christian husbands, today is:
A Husband Is Clean
Soap and water instantly come to mind when I think of the word "clean." Soap and water make all the dirt
grime of the day slide off my skin into the drain. Isn't that the the same way with the forgiveness of Jesus Christ? He washes all the dirt and grime from my life and lets it drip down the drain.
Christian husbands, we need to be clean. Forgiven. And we need to do our best to remain clean in between forgivenesses.
Clean of mind:
- Thoughts - do not let evil thoughts linger in your mind.
- Words - Use uplifting words instead of destructive ones.
- Actions - Do not go where you will be tempted.
- Wash your body - no wife likes a stinky husband.
- Wear clean clothes - present yourself well in front of people. Don't embarrass your wife.
- Clean your environment - organize the tools, pick up your dirty socks.
To be forgiven by God, to be wiped clean, is the greatest gift I've been given. I need to show that gift, by example, to my wife, my children, and the world.
Check out the other posts in this series:A Husband Is Cheerful: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 9
A Husband Is Thrifty: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 10
A Husband Is Brave: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 11