"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Husband Is Friendly: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 5



The Christian Marriage Bloggers Association has challenged bloggers to publish a new post every day for thirteen days. This is day 5 of the challenge. If you missed the previous posts in this series, follow the links at the end of this post.

Continuing my theme of the Boy Scout Law applied to Christian husbands, today's point is:





A Husband Is Friendly.

friend·ly  
  1. affectionate and trusting: characteristic of or suitable to a relationship between friends
  2. helpful: tending to be beneficial or favorable toward somebody or something
  3. on same side: not antagonistic toward or in conflict with another

A friendly person is someone who doesn't stir up trouble.  He treats others with favor, like friends. 


Am I a friendly husband?  Do I treat my wife in a friendly manner, or do I treat her more like an adversary, keeping her at a safe distance until I want something?


I often find myself saying and doing things that may seem unfriendly to her.  It isn't that I try to pick fights, but sometimes I say something in the wrong way or with a sour tone of voice, making my wife feel as though we are enemies.  I really wish it never happened that way, but let's face it, we all do it sometimes.

What we need to do, men, is is check our tone and our attitudes before we speak, so we are sure to be friendly, even when expressing a difference of opinion.

Another thing we must remember is to never consider taking revenge on our wives, no matter how we are treated by them.  I happen to be married to a very sweet wife who treats me extraordinarily well, and that makes it easy for me to be friendly.  But if she ever treated me badly, I would have to, like Jesus, be kind and loving toward her in spite of her behavior.  After all, it isn't my job to take revenge on anyone.


Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. (Romans 12:19)


So remember, men:

  Our wives are our best friends.  We need to treat them that way.


****************
Check out the other posts in this series:

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! As the Scripture says there is a friend who is closer than a brother, that friend should be our spouse.

    ReplyDelete