"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Husband Is Kind: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 7

The Christian Marriage Bloggers Association has challenged bloggers to publish a new post every day for thirteen days. This is day 7 of the challenge. If you missed the previous posts in this series, follow the links at the end of this post.

Continuing my theme of the Boy Scout Law applied to Christian husbands, today is:

A Husband Is Kind.

Mat 9:13  Go and find out what is meant by the scripture that says: 'It is kindness that I want, not animal sacrifices.


if it is to encourage others, we should do so. Whoever shares with others should do it generously; whoever has authority should work hard; whoever shows kindness to others should do it cheerfully. (Romans 12:8)


How many times have I said something to my wife, then cringed because it was unkind and hurtful?  Plenty, I can guarantee that.  Why do I do such things?  Why do I choose to be unkind instead of kind?

I'm thinking it's probably out of a selfish desire to feel superior. 

I've found when people are unkind to me it usually has something to do with trying to impress someone important (to them) by belittling me.  It rarely works out well for them.  More often it results in the person adding more enemies to their list of acquaintances.

In my marriage, I need to use kind words and actions, making sure never to be mean or rude.  I want to show her Christ's love, not make her feel inferior in any way.  That is not what God had in mind when He placed her in my care.

Husbands, how do you treat your wife?  Do you use kind words and actions?  If not, why not?  Are there ways you could improve?  What would she say if someone asked her about the way you treat her?


****************
Check out the other posts in this series:

A Husband Is ... 1/2 Marathon Blog Challenge - Day 1

A Husband Is Trustworthy: CMBA Blog Challenge, Day 2

A Husband Is Loyal: CMBA Blog Challenge, Day 3

A Husband Is Helpful: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 4

A Husband Is Friendly: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 5

A Husband Is Courteous: CMBA Blog Challenge Day 6 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment