"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"
Eph 5:25

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Special Lady: A Tribute

On this Mother's Day I want to pay tribute to a special lady ...

She brings a smile to my face when she walks into the room, wakes up early to make my coffee just the way I like it and kisses me goodbye every morning when I go to work.

She raises our children, seeing that they are fed and cared for.  She teaches them what they need to know, reads them stories, gives them baths and advice, fixes their boo-boos and brushes their hair.  She says "no when she has to and "yes" when she has to, even when it's difficult.

She greets me with a kiss when I arrive home,let's me have the remote (most of the time), washes and irons my shirts a hundred times a month, pours me a glass of wine when I need it, rubs my back when I need it.

She takes care of me when I'm sick, driving me to doctors and hospitals, and waits patiently all day until the doctors are finished. She puts my pills in one of those fancy "days of the week" pill dispensers and makes sure I take them every day..

She pursues me as much as I pursue her, preferring me over all others.  Whether it is a hug, a cuddle, or much more, she is there for me.  I enjoy her company and she enjoys mine.

Tells me she loves me, even when she doesn't like me, and holds her tongue often. She makes me take walks and eat healthy foods, stands beside me, supporting me. She knows me and treats me like royalty.


Our Heavenly Father kept a very special lady tucked away in plain sight, bringing her out into the light in His time, and said, "This one is for you."
 
And I am so grateful to Him for giving me a beautiful wife, a mother to my children ...

A special lady.

I love her with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment